Join Sonicorn Accelerator to Liberate your startUp to Become an Unicorn!
Our Acceleration Program is offered across the world in many regions and countries. We will be happy to accommodate you in the nearest and most desirable location of your choice.
The program is currently Offered in Six Cities:
Washington DC | Vancouver | Zurich | Chennai | Singapore | Dubai
Why Sonicorn Accelerator?
- Opportunities for disruption are tremendous with convergence technologies like Ai, Blockchain, and IoT.
- After the “Internet” boom, the world is experiencing a major transformation in the “Network”. The communication and information packet exchange between the machines in the network is breaking the existing internet.
- Social media is not just People-People anymore; it is People-Machines, Machine-Machine, Machine-People.
- Industry 4.0 is moving Automation to the next level of exponential growth to Autonomous.
- Transportation. Mobility & Logistics are now experiencing problems working around the existing supply chain network & processes.
- The Healthcare industry is going through a tremendous transformation through gadgets and machines.
- Most of all, the Centralized Authority and Trust are failing the systems at large. The active participants in the network are not anymore just traditional computers but a variety of devices & robots.
- And finally, the most exciting thing..Post Covid-19, the world is going through a big reset with newer business models, technology enablement, lifestyle change, security etc. 2021-22 shall be the period of greater StartUp era.
- Total Duration: 4 months for Acceleration(if you choose to do MVP, it will be extended for another 2 months).
- A StartUp can Directly enter Acceleration Stage based on the readiness.
- No Fee to Enter the Acceleration. We only take a small transferable equity of 5%(assigned) + 5%(reserved)(Initial 2%, another 3% in the middle of the program and final 5% through seed investment.)
- Opportunity to Win $25,000 in Seed in exchange for an additional 5% equity during Acceleration(which shall be reserved in the beginning).
- Opportunity to Win Up to $250,000 in Angel/PE funding in exchange for equity during Acceleration.
- Free limited Strategic Advisors & Mentors service.
- Free limited Chief Architect / CIO service.
- Free Training & Workshop.
- Global Go-to-Market help.
- Guidance & help in raising further Capital(Stage-A).
- Actively Promote to Venture Capitals Globally during Acceleration.
- Run digital Marketing Affiliate Campaigns - provided by Partners.
- Provide Test-Beds for test run of various POCs/PILOT and MVP — Provided by Partner.
- Engineering Help in Building POC and MVP at an additional cost through Partners.
Vancouver British Columbia, Canada ACCELERATOR
START DATE: APR 4, 2022
START DATE: MAR 7, 2022
South Asia ACCELERATOR
START DATE : FEB 2 , 2022
START DATE: May 9, 2022
Asia Pacific ACCELERATOR
START DATE: June 6, 2022
START DATE : FEB 2 , 2022
Not Yet there for Acceleration?
Join our World-Wide Incubation Program to not only qualify Sonicorn Acceleration but any other Acceleration Program.
Frequently Asked Questions:
No. It is not. Its Paid through equity sharing. You have three levels of the program. Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Each one of the programs comes with different levels of benefits but most of the features/benefits are available at all levels.
Yes. Sonicorn Acceleration Program is FREE to join. You only pay for extra services.
Yes. Possible. But it depends on your Readiness - Product, Solution, POC, Pilot, Demo, Pitch, etc.
No. This is a very minimum commitment one has to bring to the program.
Admission Evaluation is an extensive process involving multiple departments and people involved. So, there is obviously a fee attached to it.
But, the admission fee is refundable, in case we do not select you for the Program. However, it is not refunded in case you reject the program or drop out after attending Discovery Call and Committee evaluation.
Equity FEE is 75% refundable if you drop out in the first month. 50% refundable if you drop out in the second month. It is totally non-refundable after two months of the start of the program.
for example, If the Start Date is 1st March, then
If you cancel on or before 31 march - a 75% equity is returnable
If you cancel on or before 30th April - 50% equity is refundable
If you cancel on or after 1st May - Non-Refundable
Strategic advice is not a training hour. Advisors are highly specialized Industry Experts whose time is highly valued. Even if they spend minimum hours, the input they bring to your Start-Up will be invaluable.
However, if you want more Advisory hours, you can either upgrade your program to the next level or ask for an additional Advisory hours Package. You shall buy additional hours in a block of 5 hours.
Mentoring is not a training hour. Mentors are highly specialized guides whose time is highly valued. Even if they spend minimum hours, the input they bring to your Start-Up will be invaluable.
However, if you want more mentor hours, you can either upgrade your program to the next level or ask for an additional mentoring hours Package. You shall buy additional hours in a block of 5 hours.
Why do I have a very less Products & Solutions Ideation Hours? I definitely need more. What can i do?
Products & Solutions Ideation Hours is to help you with Architecture, Design, Tech Strategy, Market alignment, etc. In other words, these are Expert hours. They cannot be confused with Engineering hours(which is a separate benefit -- pls refer to the Table).
However, you can always purchase additional hours in a Package of 5 hours.
The program is designed to Pay Monthly. So, if you drop out of the program
- Up to 4 months -- You will not be charged for the next months. But whatever you paid up to the Current month is non-refundable.
- After 4 months - If you drop out after 4 months, then you will have to pay the remaining 2 months Fee as well. Ie you pay the entire 6 months fee.
No. It's an all-in-one service, You cannot customize.
You shall bring your mentor or an advisor, provided he/she gets qualified and registered under the Sonicorn mentor network.
It's typically a Founder and a Co-Founder. All others should pay an additional fee(same as founder-cofounder). Typically one or two more people pay double the fee. Three or four more people, pay three times.
We only recognize the engineering team either from the menschForce network ( www.menschforce.com) or from Innovation Labs (www.digiblitz.com/innovationlabs). So, they need to get registered under one of these. However, we shall give them exclusivity for your StartUp only.
Yes, It is possible to complete the Program in Fast Track mode of 4 months. You still will pay for the entire 6 months.
However, the program cannot be fast-tracked below 4 months as the quality of the outcome will suffer.
Sonicorn Acceleration is a global program with a network of regions offering it and delivering locally. Most of these programs does not restrict applicant from another region to attending. So, there is a possibility one or more team members will travel to another country/region for a short period. The cost of travel, Visa, Boarding, and other expenses should be paid by the Startup. We have tied up with menschForce for it under their digital Nomad Program. However, there is no guarantee for such travel as it depends on too many logistics like Visa, Temporary Work Permit, Temporary Resident/Visitor permit of the country. It also depends on the real need for such travel. We will not entertain unnecessary travel.
Yes. We can help you as long as you are signed up at the appropriate level(pls refer to the table).
Note that registering and operating a company in a different country/jurisdiction is highly complicated with a lot of legal and tax implications. We need to engage expert teams in such services and obviously, the cost is going to be paid by the Start-Up. Only basic things are covered in the package. We will provide you with Project Proposal and the execution plan including costing when you are ready. This can happen only after you enroll in the program locally first.
Yes. Theoretically, you can. But there are a lot of practical issues like the Company Registration as a Foreigner, Director role(legally you may not be able to play director role), Tax issues, etc.
Most importantly, your and your team's temporary or permanent residency or Busines Visa or Start-Up Visa needs to be arranged. So, We need to engage expert teams in such services and obviously, the cost is going to be paid by the Start-Up. Only basic things are covered in the package. We will provide you with Project Proposal and the execution plan including costing when you are ready. This can happen only after you enroll in the program locally first.
There are three levels - Virtual Office, Co-working(shared desk spaces in a physical office), or Dedicated Work Station/Office space. This is for two people. For additional spaces for your team, you need to pay the corresponding Virtual Office, Coworking, and Dedicated Office Packages. You shall submit your proposal so that we can design it for you and provide it at an optimal cost.
No. It is limited to 2 people per company. However, you can buy an additional training package.
Sonicorn has tied up with digiBlitz Labs for the Technology Training needs. There will be multiple training programs at a wider range from IT, Blockchain, IoT, AgriTech, Fintech, Cloud, Robotics, Edge Computing, Drones, Food Tech, Electronics, Industrial Analytics, MAchine learning, etc. These programs will be scheduled at regular schedules repeatedly by certain cycles by digiBlitz Labs. You may check the calendar and join the program online(some of them will be available in class as well).
If your team needs a special training or customized package, we may arrange for it with digiBlitz Labs. You need to make a detailed proposal so that we shall present you with the cost of the program,
Sonicorn program is designed to enable you and your team with substantial expertise in business skills, process knowledge, and tools. CRM, Digital Marketing, Sale Pitch, finance/Accounting, etc. As with other benefits, it is limited to two people per company and additional packages can be bought. Some of the tools can be per company.
I am worried about my Idea, Intellectual property being copied or Stolen by others. How Sonicorn can ensure the security?
Sonicorn is a Full-Service Unicorn Start-Up management company and a major part of that is Intellectual Property and Ideation. Remember, Our interest is not to leave the Start-Up after Incubation. Our interest is to take the Start up through Acceleration, Scale-up, and beyond. So, obviously, we take these matters very seriously. We have a dedicated team, mechanisms, and processes in place to secure the IP, Copyright, Trademark, etc. While the fundamental things are free(levels vary), additional items can be obtained at an additional cost.
Yes. You can get more practice time. Just work with the Innovation Lab in charge to get minimum hours. For extra hours, you may have to buy additional hours as packages.
Yes, You can work with the Innovation Labs to arrange for it, if possible. It might cost you a substantial amount of fee for such setup.
menschForce marketplace is designed for Self-Employed and entrepreneurs to generate revenue through remote projects as Digital Nomads. Sonicorn had tied up with menschforce to bring in the same opportunity to Incubation Start-Ups. Through this, you can generate revenue through your products, solutions, Consulting hours, Ideas, challenge participation, etc.
At this stage, You need to first enroll in Sonicorn Incubation Program. Sonicorn is designed to help you hatch out of the shell. Our innovation Lab is loaded with many ideas from where you shall pick one and take it forward. The mentors and advisors will help you choose it as well. Moreover, there may be many ideas coming from corporate Accelerators and buyers.
At this stage, Acceleration is not the right program for you. You need to join the Sonicorn Incubation Program. Most successful entrepreneurs started with a humble background. So, don't worry about it. Where you come from does not matter. Wher you intend to go and how persistent you are and how much you are ready to stretch in the learning curve are the keys to success. Sonicorn welcomes you with open arms.
Sonicorn does not discriminate against anyone of age, color, demography, ethnicity, or experience. However, we do look deeply into your skills and capabilities to learn, unlearn for specific goals around the Start-Up Company. So, do not worry about it. Just apply! We shall work on getting you onboard.
Step 1: You apply by paying the Application Processing Fee(refundable if we don't select you).
Step 2: A "Counselor" is assigned to your case who will work with you in preparing you for the Discovery Call with an "Evaluator".
Step 3: An 1-hour Team meeting is scheduled with an Evaluator who will ask you to do a short pitch of your product, perform discovery through a series of questions.
Step 4: Evaluator Submits the Discovery findings and recommendations to the "Selection Committee".
Step 5: Selection Committee makes its decision and informs you.
Step 6: You pay the enrollment fee and first-month fee and enroll in the program.
- Invaluable Knowledge
- Proof of concern.
- Well seasoned product idea.
- Potential Pilot/ Demo
- Pitching Experience
- Fully developed Entrepreneurship
- Technology savviness
- Business Acumen
- Process Knowledge
- Global Market Knowledge
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal Skills, and team skills.
- Potential Investment.
- Invitation to Join Sonicorn Acceleration.
- Possibility to liquidate part of company share for cash.
- A Strong Team of Advisors, mentors who can continue to support you beyond the program.
- Possible early-stage paying customers etc.,
This program is designed to be either Onsite or Hybrid depending on the specific Program. Depending on the Package signed, the applicant might be getting the opportunity to visit Physical Lab for Experiments, tests, engineering, and training.
Step1: After your Application is Submitted Online and the Application commitment Fee is Paid(refundable). You will be scheduled to attend a Discovery Call with a Program Counselor.
Step 2: Counsellor sends the discovery items to the Program Evaluator.
Step 3: If the Program Evaluator is satisfied with the Discovery Answers, he/she will the Counselor to schedule a call.
Step 4: Your team attends a 1 hour Web Meeting(Teams or Zoom Call) during which you will be asked a series of questions and asked to do an elevator Pitch of your Idea.
Step 5: The Program Evaluator Sends the Evaluation Findings along with his/her findings to the "Selection-Committee". The committee will make the final decision after processing all the information matching it with the program integrity.
Step 6: The Selection-Committee will let your Counsellor know about the decision, who in turn will communicate the decision to you.
Step 7: If you are selected, you will be asked to proceed with Paying the SetUp/Admission fee and the first month Fee accordingly to the Level that you choose to sign up.
If you have additional questions during this process, your Program Counsellor and the Evaluator will be happy to answer the queries.
The Evaluator Looks for the best match for both sides. It's never about your ability, talent, your idea, or your company. It's about multiple factors and your readiness and match for this Program. Usually, you might expect some of the following questions. Most of these questions might have been answered when you apply, but the Evaluator would like to find more by deep diving.
- Explain your start-up product.
- What is your role and how many owners/shareholders are there?
- Who are the mentors and what their backgrounds are?
- Have you opted for any incubation program? If yes, where have you completed it from and how long was the program for?
- Have you enrolled in any mentoring program or have you been mentored by someone? If yes, how long was the mentorship program, and where was it held?
- Do you work full time on this product or do you have another job as well?
- How many hours in a week do you give to your product?
- Have you taken any strategic guidance? If not, why not?
- Has your product been evaluated by someone? If yes, who evaluated it, and what were the parameters of the evaluation?
- Do you have a copy of the evaluation that you could share?
- Have you tested your product beyond your local lab or innovation setups?
- How ready is your product in terms of getting launched in the market? Is it in the Pilot or MVP stage?
- Have you taken any engineering support from technology-oriented enterprises to compete for your product?
- How much capital has been raised unit now and through what program/channel?
- What is your go-to-market plan and how it has been evaluated for gaining success?
- Are you digitally marketing your product? If yes, are you taking the professional services of some company to handle your online and offline marketing?
- When was the first time you pitched and how have you taken care of the shortcomings based on the feedback from the investor deck.
- Have you taken any assistance or guidance to prepare your pitch?
- Have you pitched out of your country of residence? If yes, where and what was the feedback?
- Is there a specific thing you are looking at to join the Sonicorn program? What purpose does it resolve to reach your goal?
- What motivates (specific Features) to Join the Program?
As you may be aware, only 4-6% of the companies get VC funding Globally. And mostly VCs only get involved at the Later stage when you have Proven Products, Solutions, and Services and a certain amount of Transactions already happening with guaranteed stable revenue and the Value of the company. It also depends on the Post Money Value you are asking.
But, most Start-Ups are at an early stage with unproven products and solutions. So, your best bet is Angel Investors or Private-Equity Investors.
Sonicorn will match you with the right people, network, and arrange for pitch days. But nothing is guaranteed.